This was my very first wedding here, the first time I took photos with Emmalee and Mitch, and the first time a sibling ever dared to threaten a bride with a noogie. I love having ‘firsts’ at weddings! Especially when it throws the traditional formal sibling photo out the window. It made for one of my all time favourite snaps and I seriously hope at least one of them prints it.
I have to say: Whispering Springs is a gorgeous spot for a wedding! And we had the most perfect day there. Emmalee and Mitch got ready in separate tents – and these are seriously luxurious tents, they exchanged vows in a picturesque sun dappled forest, had cocktails while the sun was setting, personalized the barn style reception with burgundy and baby’s breath accents, and danced the night away under a canopy of string lights. Talk about romantic!
Since this was my first time here and first time taking their photo, I arrived early so I could walk around and plan out some things in my head for them. I immediately found myself falling in love with the whole day. Between laughing with the family members as they set up the chapel decor and chatting with the groom about cartoon themed pillows, it was hard not to get caught up in it all. We glamped, we hiked, we laughed, some seriously awesome people got married and had a crazy party, and a guy drank out of a shoe because his wife was kidnapped (they returned her, it’s okay).
Thank you for having us, you sweet souls. I’ll remember it for always.
May you always bring out the best in one another, may your love always comfort you, and may your pets names always be tied to Star Wars references.
- Photography by Dawn & Mary for Little Canoe Photography
- Stunning Venue: Whispering Springs in Grafton
- Her Look by Merle Norman Beauty Clinic in Cobourg
- Her Dress from Lisa & Grace’s Bridal Boutique in Belleville
- His Look from Tip Top Tailors
- The Florals came from Metro Grocery, and they nailed it
- Officiated by Father Ed as recommended by the venue and he was honestly just the sweetest soul
- Wooden Ring Boxes provided by Whispering Springs
- Table Settings from Perfect Party Rentals
- Fantastic Catering from The Buttermilk Cafe
- Beautiful DIY aspects were lots of the decor around the ceremony space and reception, and friends provided them with a home made wedding cake and the nightly entertainment (they also donated lots of their diy projects to the venue so other couples might make use of them!)